cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Connect

victoryspeedway
Apprentice

Canon makes a beautiful camera.  It's loaded with features, is beautifully built, takes great pictures.  Canon USA has two major drawbacks, however.  One - Camera Connect is an exercise in frustration.  I have spent the better part of a day trying to connect to my iPhone.  I watched Canon's YouTube video and others, followed the instructions, etc., etc.  It simply doesn't work.  Two - I called the Canon people in Melville, NY.  THEY DON'T SUPPORT EOS REBEL T7 OVER THE PHONE!  They sent me back to the USELESS Support page.  I'll use the SD card / laptop to transfer photos, and will give up on Camera Connect.  If anyone asks, and they will, I will give them an earful regarding Canon's miserable software, and horrendous customer service.  This is the first post I've added to these boards, and most likely the last.  I just want the Canon people to know that, as much as I like the camera, their peripherals and customer service tarnish an otherwise great product.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

victoryspeedway
Apprentice

Addendum:  Called the Lyndhurst, NJ Service Center.  A CSR was extremely helpful in getting my 99% of the way.  Managed to connect.  After restarting the camera, however, I cannot connect to iPhone.  That's the end.  I'll use the old fashioned method - SD card to laptop.  Your CSR was terrific.  Camera Connect is not.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

victoryspeedway
Apprentice

Addendum:  Called the Lyndhurst, NJ Service Center.  A CSR was extremely helpful in getting my 99% of the way.  Managed to connect.  After restarting the camera, however, I cannot connect to iPhone.  That's the end.  I'll use the old fashioned method - SD card to laptop.  Your CSR was terrific.  Camera Connect is not.

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.   I see so many people with issues regarding connectivity using software and wireless technologies.   I must admit I was never tempted to use either.  The method of removing the card and plugging into a computer has always worked reliably because it requires the least links in the chain to work.

I'm glad you found a support person who restored some of your faith.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Stephen

Hey there!

Just so that you're aware, neither Melville, nor Lyndhurst are tech support. For all official support, you should go to your My Canon Account at canon.us/account and ensure your product is registered. Once you're there, you'll see all available options, including phone support (if it's available). Our support offices are in Chesapeake, VA or Alburqueue, NM.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I'm with Trevor. I used a card reader for a long time and then discovered a card slot in my laptop. Surprise! Very simple to download photos.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements