cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android viewer for Canon raw files?

Bazsl
Rising Star

Can anyone recommend an app that will let me browse and delete CR2 and CR3 files on an Android device? I have been searching for two days and have not found anything that works. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I don't think the Canon Connect App supports RAW files on Android yet.  

My Pixel supports RAW, but I haven't tried to put a .CR2 or .CR3 file on it yet.  It takes RAW phots too, but they are saved as .DNG.  Its possible one of the Adobe Apps would work with it, but I don't think a proprietary format will work.  

shadowsports_0-1689034409038.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Basically,

I read that the Camera Connect and Control app can import RAW files.

I use it on my Samsung tablet all the time, but so far, I've only used it for jpg's.

Steve Thomas

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Steve,

I'll have to check again. Last time I tried only the iOS version of Canon Connect supported raw import.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

They are different apps.

Here's what one reviewer said on a different forum from about 2 years ago,

"If snapseed and camera connect and control can handle RAW files on Android, then surely a major photography company like canon should be able to include include RAW support in their Android app."

Steve Thomas

johnrmoyer
Whiz
Whiz

Google Photos appears to me to handle Canon CR3 files. At least it displays a preview image.
https://www.google.com/photos/works-with/canon/ 

image.canon seamlessly works with Google Photos
Capturing your photos with your Canon DSLR and backing them up to your library has never been easier.

Kivadratik
Apprentice

I had the same problem with Samsung Tab s8+ tablet and Canon r6 and it annoyed me that I can't view the cr3 in the correct orientation until I found the galleryraw app - it's almost the only android app that allows you to quickly view canon .cr3 directly from a connected camera flash drive through a type-c adapter, like and import only liked to the tablet, or import it directly into lightroom

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Note that most apps simply show the jpeg preview and don't actually bother with the raw data.

Announcements