cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LP-E6 Battery Errors on EOS 5D Mark III

Chankra
Apprentice

Hello everybody, my LP-E6 battery shows 100% on the charger but when I put it into the camera and check the percentage from "battery info" it says that it is at 75% (approximately). Is my battery fake or is there another problem, does anybody know?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

If this is the original LP-E6 series battery it's time to replace it. As batteries age there recharge performance goes down. Also battery life takes a hit too. It could also be a defective LC-E6 battery charger. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

View solution in original post

No. Some of older camera batteries will charge. But it won't fully charge to 100%. The will stop at a certain percentage. For instance my one of my batteries for my old EOS 40D will only charge to 65%. It won't charge anymore than that because the battery life has been degraded. 

-Demetrius
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

If this is the original LP-E6 series battery it's time to replace it. As batteries age there recharge performance goes down. Also battery life takes a hit too. It could also be a defective LC-E6 battery charger. 

-Demetrius

You are right, the battery life is probably really bad and in recharging performance it is at the lowest level. But wouldn't it still show 100% even if battery life is low, because battery life still charges to 100% it just goes down quicker.

No. Some of older camera batteries will charge. But it won't fully charge to 100%. The will stop at a certain percentage. For instance my one of my batteries for my old EOS 40D will only charge to 65%. It won't charge anymore than that because the battery life has been degraded. 

-Demetrius

Announcements