cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV Unfamiliar Cable

Harley3348
Contributor

Just received my new 5D MARK IV and it came with a cable that I am not familiar with. Can someone please assist. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi!  The EOS 5D Mark IV comes with Interface Cable IFC-150U II.  This is the only cable that typically comes with this camera and it's designed to plug into a USB port.

If you're still unsure of what cable you have or if it doesn't match the description we just provided, feel free to post a photo of the cable and the community can try to identify it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi!  The EOS 5D Mark IV comes with Interface Cable IFC-150U II.  This is the only cable that typically comes with this camera and it's designed to plug into a USB port.

If you're still unsure of what cable you have or if it doesn't match the description we just provided, feel free to post a photo of the cable and the community can try to identify it.

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

See page 3 of the User Manual for info on all items that are included.  The cable (IFC-150U II) that Danny mentioned previously is indeed the only cable.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Harley3348
Contributor

Thank you both for the help. The one end of the cable that plugs into the camera, I am not familiar with. When I opened the rubber flap on the left side of the camera I see where it plugs in. Thank you again. 👍

In many cases (at least for older equipment), manufacturers tended to use proprietary connectors on the end of the USB cable that connects to the camera/camcorder itself.   It's very difficult to see, but on the black plastic surrounding that proprietary connector, you'll see the standard USB symbol (same as on the other end with the standard connector).

Glad you got it all connected!

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements