Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of having an EF25 II Extension Tube on EF 75-300mm lens

Canonbassist909
Enthusiast

Hello all ! 

I hope you are all doing well.. 

what would be the advantages or disadvantages of having an EF25 II extension tube connected to an ef 75-300

Im a little curious to learn more about these add ons and recommend settings..if any

Use will be for military aviation at air shows .. 

cheers ! 
Alexander 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

I think you are confusing an extension tube, which is used in macro photography, with a tele-converter, which is used on telephoto lenses to give them more reach or longer focal length.

I'm sure you can attach the extension tube to the 75-300 but I'm not sure what benefit it would serve as I've never used one on a tele lens. But they do restrict focus on my macro lenses. As for putting a teleconverter on the 75-300, Canon doesn't make a tele-con that will work on that lens. You may be able to find a 3rd party tele-con, but I wouldn't go there. Your best bet is to get a lens with a longer focal length like the EF 100-400mm L mark II or one of the 150-600mm lenses by Tamron or Sigma

Newton

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

I think you are confusing an extension tube, which is used in macro photography, with a tele-converter, which is used on telephoto lenses to give them more reach or longer focal length.

I'm sure you can attach the extension tube to the 75-300 but I'm not sure what benefit it would serve as I've never used one on a tele lens. But they do restrict focus on my macro lenses. As for putting a teleconverter on the 75-300, Canon doesn't make a tele-con that will work on that lens. You may be able to find a 3rd party tele-con, but I wouldn't go there. Your best bet is to get a lens with a longer focal length like the EF 100-400mm L mark II or one of the 150-600mm lenses by Tamron or Sigma

Newton

Thanks my friend .. sigma will be the way I go … 

@Canonbassist909 wrote:

Thanks my friend .. sigma will be the way I go … 

You are welcome! I think you will be happy with the siggy, particularly for air shows.

Newton

After all the vids I just watched on that’s siggy.. it’s going to be the solution I need… I’ll just throw my smaller lens on to photograph the aircraft on display 

but once the demo aircraft start takin to the air … it’s siggy time 

especially the blue angels 

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

IMG_6622.jpg

Taken with my 150-600 tamron

Announcements