cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vixia hf s10 does not recognize class 4 sandisk 32gb card

jimvixia
Apprentice

After finding a class 4 32gb class 4 card and initializing it the camera does not recognize it.  Anyone have a solution?

5 REPLIES 5

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

This camera should accept SDHC memory cards up to 32GB so if possible I would recommend trying one more SD card, but if it is still unreadable then the camcorder's SD memory slot may be damaged. This unit is past its repairable life so if that is the case then replacement would be recommended.

beyontheblue
Enthusiast

Did you initialize in the camera or another device?

jimvixia
Apprentice

The card was initialized in the camera.  The camera does not recognize the card as a class 4.  Card is a sandisk SDHC 32gb class 4

Dist_Thunder
Apprentice

I have installed a 32GB SDHC, class 10 card and it will not allow me to record in MXP or FXP modes. The best it will allow is XP+.

This is a high quality card - so what is the problem? I have tried re-initialising to no avail.

Hi Dist_Thunder,

The MXP and FXP recording modes are available when the camera reads the cards as being Class 4 speed or faster. Since it is only showing the XP+ option that indicates the camera is reading the card as having a slower speed class. There aren't any settings on the camera that would disable the MXP and FXP options. They are only available base on what class speed the camera detects on the card.

We would recommend loading a different memory card in the camera to see if the same thing happens. If the issue continues with a different memory card normally at that point we would recommend sending the camera in for repair, but as Mark35mmF2 mentioned the VIXIA HF S10 is out of service life. Due to that there are no longer repair options available for that model through Canon. The only option available for that camera through Canon would be the Canon Upgrade Program.

This program allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera for a discounted price and have it shipped via ground delivery. The cameras offered through this program carry a one year warranty.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Saturday. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Announcements