cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

focussing ring on vixia hf g50

graphicsgeezer
Contributor

Just bought my new Vixia HF G50 and am finding the focussing ring takes a lot of turns to make even the smallest difference in focussing. I've got it set on manual with the toggle switch on Focus instead of Zoom. According to the manual it should just work and it does but it's so  slow and unresponsive that I'll never use it.

Am I doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

I believe with this camera the focus will move further if the ring is turned faster, but you can also adjust the response/sensitivity of the focus ring in your menu under the [Focus Ring Response] setting in your menu. Check out pages 54 and 55 of the user guide below for a little more on that.

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300034200/03/vixiahfg50-im3-en.pdf

peter_bl
Apprentice

I found that the focus ring did not work properly until I changed (and changed back) Focus Preset Speed

Its as though it is not properly initialized. Before I set it, the MF focal length value changed but the lense and image focus dis not change.  Afterwards it worked as expected in manual mode.

However, in Automatic mode AF/MF does not work and I don't know why.  Any answers?

Hi there,

Glad it was able to get back into proper functionality! The fully Automatic mode wont allow you to checnge focus mode, it stays on autofocus. You can set the camcorder to [Program AE] for an automatic mode with more flexibility, though, manual focusing included.

Announcements