cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA40 Camcorder recording onscreen Displays

AlastairC
Apprentice

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to record with the onscreen displays carrying over to the recording.

I couldn't find anything in the manual or the camcorders menu; under display setup, there is an option to turn Output Onscreen Displays on, and I would have thought this meant the display would be added to the recording but I still just get the image on its own.

Specifically, I need the timecode on my recordings. In the manual https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300034191/04/xa40-45-im4-n-en.pdf  (page 69) It allows me to generate a time code and output it from the HDMI OUT terminal. I don't understand what this means... (apologies i'm completely new to using cameras)

If anyone can assist I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Alastair

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

The [Output Onscreen Displays] function is what would allow you to do so, but this would require external recording through the HDMI port. When this setting is enabled you will be able to see the same displays on the LCD screen passed through the HDMI connection, so anything recorded on the other side of that HDMI connection (an external recorder) would maintain that same imprint on the recorded footage, but not internal to the camera.

Announcements