cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 C Missing REC709 Preview when using the playback function.

nilssamp
Contributor

Hey guys, this is a basic feature request and its making me crazy on client shoots. Im recording in CLOG3 with LUT preview. All good. But when I playback for the client it only displays the files as LOG. No possibility to preview with REC709 LUT like when recording. This is really a mandatory feature and sometimes makes client work a mess. Its not feasable to change output LUT of the monitor 1000x a day between recording and playback...

Please canon fix this. Where can I write Canon so they do something about it?

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Product Feedback and Feature Requests

Canon Homepage | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Use [+]Feedback at the top right.

shadowsports_0-1709833076163.png

What firmware version are you using?

What about this, page 155:

eosr5c-aug6-video-en.pdf (c-wss.com)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. Ill wrote them. Im using newst firmware 1.0.6.1 on both my r5cs

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

It certainly seems odd that you can't do this -- particularly as there's a whole settings menu in playback mode.

However, you might try this -- assuming you're using an external monitor.  Turn View Assist off for HDMI.  Then, the HDMI output will be log all the time -- both when recording and when playing back.  Then you set a LUT on your monitor -- so the monitor never needs to change.

Does that work for you?

nilssamp
Contributor

Yes that works but still such a minor function to add for canon instead of having the hassle to add the LUT to each monitor. Lets say you connect to an ordinary HDMI monitor directly...

click here to view the gallery
Announcements