cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the right video camera/camcorder for me?

Ihavequestions
Apprentice

Hello,

I'm an amateur when it comes to camcorder and different specifications, but I like to film a lot.

I was wondering if you guys would be kind to recommend a video camera camcorder for me. I mainly want it to film family gatherings etc to save memories etc, but also to be used for traveling, hikes in nature, for example, to zoom in on wild animals from a distance, and ideally I would like to have nighvision so I can film in a dark room and the like. I would like it to have long battery life if I want to film in the wilderness for several days and do not have the opportunity to charge the battery.

I previously had a Canon VIXIA HF R800 , that broke. I thought that the quality of the movie was not so good, it gets quite blurry and not so clear. I want it to be clear and professional quality. But something I liked about the Canon VIXIA HF R800 camera, was that it had in my opinion a very good zoom, and you could film extremely far, which I really liked. It is "57x Advanced Zoom" it says, whatever that means.

My wife has a good quality photo camera an Sony Alpha a6000, which you can also film with, and I like the quality of the films. But it has become bad and complicated to film with it, it also does not have as good a zoom, no nighvision, and I need my own movie camera to use in any case.

As I understand it, the best video camcorder cameras, today with really good quality are in so called 4k?

So I wonder if there is any, really good movie camera that can cover my needs that you can recommend?

So:

• Very good quality, nice and clear movie. (4k?)
  • Very good zoom.
  • Good batteries that last a long time.
  • Nighvision.
  • Maybe there is something else that would be good, that I am not thinking of?

Grateful for help, thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Ihavequestions,

I would recommend taking a look at our XA line of camcorders. They cover these bases that you described wanting in your endeavors. You can view our professional camcorders HERE. You can also contact our sales department by phone for more information. They can be reached at 1-800-385-2155 from Monday through Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET.

Announcements