cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF S200 recording purple snow over video

Trex66
Apprentice
No trauma to the camera that I know of. One day I was recording and could see green snow and horizontal lines on the bottom third of the frame. That was a few months ago and now that I have some time decided to take a look at it.

So when I turn it on the top two thirds of the frame has purple snow but I can see through it almost like it’s transparent. When I play a video on the camera the purple is full screen. When I pull the memory card and play on my computer all recordings are ok excel for the two I took in the day it broke. And they only have the purple snow on the lower third of the screen.

Something is really odd about all this I know it was first green snow now it’s purple...

Hoping it might be a lose ribbon or some other quick fix. If it’s the processor or focal body I’m looking at a bigger bill.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here. I also reset the camera to factory specs.
2 REPLIES 2

Trex66
Apprentice
Forgot to mention when I put it in picture mode it’s clear except for a two or three short horizontal white lines

Tim
Authority

Trex66, 

I am sorry to hear that this occurs.  We recommend sending the unit to Canon for evaluation.  You can set up an online repair request through our online system at www.usa.canon.com/repair.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements