cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R800 As A Webcam (I have everything)

Stove1421
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Vixia HF R800 camcorder. I was told elsewhere that by using an HDMI to USB converter I would be able to use it as a webcam. I have everything I need, but when I go to use it, nothing comes up. I don't know if there is a camera setting that I need to enable on this, but I have spent a bunch of time going through each menu, atteming to find something.  I searched the internet far and wide, and I see videos with people using it as a webcam, but no directions.

If this model cannot handle the webcam aspect, perhaps there is another model that does? The idea is to use this for streaming on Twitch and what not.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Yes, you would likely ned a USB HDMI capture card for your computer to accept an HDMI input signal, but if your camera is set to AUTO and you are not playing back a video clip the camcorder will be sending a signal through the HDMI port. If you are unable to locate the camcorder as a webcam option in your webconferencing software it may be a good idea to try a different program just as a test to make sure the issue is with the physical connection rather than software settings.

Announcements