cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R700 HDMI Black Output

gnalley
Apprentice

I hope this is me being stupid and overlooking something simple. 

I am attempting to use a Vixia HF 700 as an alternate backup camera to my XA-15s. I am connecting to a HDMI video switcher. I am seeing auido input on the video switcher, but no video display. I have tried different resoulution setting and played with what I feel are almost all the other video settings. 

I have validated by cables by connecting the X-15 using the same path as well as connecting directly to a TV. These work. I have also checked the switcher by using a JVC GZ-E306. Again this works as expected.

Any thoughts or recommendations? I welcome any suggestions no matter how trivial as I am used to the XA-15.

Thanks

Gary

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

It sounds like you want HDMI output during recording?  I believe the HDMI out on the Vixia HF R700 is only for playback.   The User Manual didn't make mention of any HDMI out during recording.  Most consumer camcorders will have this limitation.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ricky,

I agree with you concerning the manual. The reason I believe that this camera can be used in this fashion is that many alternative sites cite this camera as a good value for livestreaming. Recording and playback in my lexicon is not 'livestreaming'. 

Could someone who 'livestreams' with camera let me know if they use it for 'live broadcasting' or if they use it for 'recording and broadcasting'?

Thanks

Gary

Announcements