cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R400 - no sound into mic input unless headphones connected

madmanjusticeew
Apprentice

I have a Vixia HF R400. I have been using it with an external Tascam mic into the mic input on the camera with good results. But last night I went to set it up and I was not getting any sound into the camera from the mic. I was able to verify that everything was working seperately but not when connected. I have not mad any setting changes to the gear since the last time it worked.

Testing today, I found that if I connect the mic to the camera, and connect headphones to the camera, I get sound into the camera from the mic. If I dissconnect the headphones, I get no sound into the camera (judging by the fact that the ausio level meters on the LCD screen do not show input like they have done in the past.

Could there be some setting on the camera I am missing that is causing this?

Microphone is a Tascam DR-22WL using the  line out into the mic/line in one the camera.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi madmanjusticeew!

There is no setting in the camera that would cause this.  This is very unusual and should not be happening.  It sounds like something that needs to be looked at by the Factory Service Center.  To start the this process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements