cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia GX10 camcorder noise in low light.

Tony_1
Contributor

Hello everyone. I recently purchased the Canon Vixia GX10 refurbished by Canon purchased by B&H and got an extended warranty.  I have noticed there is noise in low light.  I thought that would not be as bad with a 1" sensor.  I use this camera and it looks great in the daytime but when I take it on a ride at Disneyland it's not clear. I use it in manual mode I shoot in 4k 60fps, my shutter speed is 120 and when you play with the gain it's still hard to see on the screen.I have the aperture as low as I can go f2.  Can anyone suggest the best setting to fix this? Using the latest firmware for this camera 1.0.4.0.

11 REPLIES 11

Tony_1
Contributor

This is not a DSLR. This is a video camera I use.. 😜

Check out This Post I did a while back which showed how two different video cameras dealt with a very dark scene.   I was beyond the limits of what a Vixia HF G50 could deal with.  When using an EOS C70 (same f/2.8 aperture), the differences were huge.

Small-sensor cameras have many advantages.  But they just cannot deal with low-light scenarios.  Unless you can add light, you'll end up with very noisy and most likely underexposed footage.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements