cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF11 will not power on

kitebladders
Contributor

I have 2 VIXIA HF11 camerias that will not power on. I used both for a project a year ago and they worked perfect. I stored them in a climate controled space during the time I was not using them. I now need to use them for a project but they will not power up.

I removed the battery from the camcorders and do not have or want to purchase new batterys for this project so I was planning to use the AC power supplies. I plugged the in the power supplies but when I depress the power button they do not start.

Thanks, Jim

5 REPLIES 5

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

Put the batteries back in and then try. It's not unusual to need the battery to be in the camera for the AC adapter to work. Of course, after a year the batteries are likely to be flat anyway so will need charging.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.6 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

kitebladders
Contributor
My first attempt was with the batteries installed but that does not work either. I left the charger plugged in for about 30 hours with the batteries and still the same symptoms

Tim
Authority

kitebladders, 

I am sorry to hear this issue persists.  We recommend setting up service through Canon's web site at www.usa.canon.com/repair.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

kitebladders
Contributor
Thank you for trying to help me

kitebladders
Contributor
Does anyone know if a service manual exist for this model and where I can get it? Because I have two of the exact same model that were working and then both have the same characteristics now I would be amazed if someone in the service department cannot tell me what the problem is. I am very suspicious that the CMOS backup battery, the little blue one inside is related to this problem. Can I get those batteries from Canon?
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements