cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Canon Vixia HF G10 as a Webcam?

ColinLeiker
Apprentice

My business purchased a canon vixia hf g10, we would like to replace our webcam with this. Is this possible?

We want to stream the camcorder to our computer using a conference software (Fuze) [or Google Hangouts, Skype, or something else that is supported if Fuze is not]. I have tried connecting the camcorder using both USB & HDMI and neither works. When I try to open the streaming software and switch from my computers camera to the camcorder it does not show up as an option. I am stuck 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ColinLeiker!

Thank you for the post.

The VIXIA HF G10 cannot be used to stream a live video feed to a computer so it can function as a webcam.  Connecting the camcorder to a computer is for the transfer of already recorded video only.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ColinLeiker!

Thank you for the post.

The VIXIA HF G10 cannot be used to stream a live video feed to a computer so it can function as a webcam.  Connecting the camcorder to a computer is for the transfer of already recorded video only.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've been using 2 different HF G10 as a live stream cameras for the last year.  One is sending the signal via the analog output to a Osprey 440e capture card and the other is sending via the miniHDMI to an HDMI input on a Blackmagic Intensity Pro. 

I have a blackmagic mini recorder and trying to stream to google hangout with the hfg10. Any recommendations?
Announcements