cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vixia HF R52 problem

lsbarnes
Apprentice

How do I get a MAC running Maverick to recognize my new Canon Vixia HF R52? It keeps telling me no camera is connected.

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello Isbarnes,

Check within the System Profiler to see if the VIXIA HF R52 is connected via USB.  This would tell you if the computer actually "sees" the camera.  We also recommend checking that the camera is the only thing connected via USB at the time and that you have it plugged into the rear of the tower (if this is a desktop).  It would also be helpful to verify and / or repair disk permissions too.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I don't see anything that says system profiler.  When I type system profiler into the help box it tells me there are no matches. When I attach my phone or my husband's camera I get an icon showing me it is attached. When I attach this thing I get a Drop Box window wanting me to put everything in Drop Box. That's not where I want it and I don't think I would have enough space if I did want it there. 

I can take out the memory card and put it in the computer and get the data that is there, but what about the internal memory. That is what I don't seem to have access Image Browser says no images match and Camera Window says no camera was found.

Hello Again, Isbarnes,

It would seem that, if an application like Drop Box opens and attempts to transfer files, then some connection is being made because otherwise that wouldn't happen.  It's unclear at this time what may be the cause of the issue, and further technical support will be required to resolve this issue.  Since this will be a back and forth process, and less of a community response issue- we suggest you call into our Chesapeake, VA call center for further technical support assistance.  

We can be reached through our main contact support number:

1-800-OK-CANON 
(1-800-652-2666)
Monday - Friday - 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM, EST

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you. I will be out of town over the weekend, but I will get in contact next week. 

Announcements