cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer video to computer without Corel disk

bbzoomer
Apprentice

I have an older HR10 camcorder, and I want to digitize my video. However, it seems the Corel application disk is required, and I no longer have it. Is there another way to transfer the video files to my Mac?

3 REPLIES 3

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

The camcorder can transmit the video over HDMI for live capture with video editing software and a USB HDMI capture card. This would bypass the need for any specific software but it is a live capture rather than a data transfer so it takes as long as the footage lasts to record it to your computer.

OK, so I now have an HDMI video capture connector, but my Mac computer does not seem to recognize the camera. It isn't showing up on my iMovie input, and also not in Finder. What do I need to do to get it to recognize the camera? 

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bbzoomer,

Try connecting your camera by USB and make sure that it is set for videos, not stills. Then press the play button.

Go to iMovie, select CAMERA then CAPTURE. Does iMovie see your camera at that point? If so try to save the clips on the camera to a convenient location on your Mac.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements