cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDHC

Nighvideo
Apprentice

I have the G20 camcorder. I believe speed class 10 cards work best, but what UHS class is best? 1 or 3? 3's are more expensive and if the cam tops out at 24mbps, is UHS3 over kill? Thanks. 

Also, planning on doing some weddings with these cams. What fps is best, 60 or 30? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you sir! I appreciate your time:)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Your Instruction Manual should provide you with guidance to answer these questions.  I would advise that the brand of card is just as important as the specifications.  Some brands seem more reliable than others.  Avoid using mini-cards and adapters.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for your prompt answer, but the manual does not mention UHS. Only Speed Class. Where I get confused is where a card says UHS 3 Class 10. That's super fast as opposed to UHS 1 Class 10. I don't want to get a card that's too fast for the cam? Can you enlighten me on this. Just trying to pick the right media for back up, as I understand the internal memory is the default when using a card. Thanks

Do not worry about a card being too fast.  The only concern should be with a card that is not fast enough, capable of write speeds that the camcorder requries.  A UHS-1/Class 10 card should be adequate.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you sir! I appreciate your time:)

Announcements