cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rode NTG -2 with Vixia HV40

Ezad
Apprentice

I did not want to force sliding the Rode microphone into the camera's accessory shoe - I may be missing the obvious.

On my other camcorders I can quickly connect/ mount the microphone to the shoe however on the the HV40 I am having an issue. Do I need an adapter? I don't want to damage any components.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tim
Authority

Hello Ezad, 

The most likely reason why the Rode mic doesn't work is that the shoe on your VIXIA HV40 is an Advanced Accessory Shoe, not just a regular hot shoe.  I would not force the microphone onto this camcorder unless the Rode mic has an Advanced Accessory Shoe specifically.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello Ezad, 

The most likely reason why the Rode mic doesn't work is that the shoe on your VIXIA HV40 is an Advanced Accessory Shoe, not just a regular hot shoe.  I would not force the microphone onto this camcorder unless the Rode mic has an Advanced Accessory Shoe specifically.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements