cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on which camcorder to buy for action sports.

Lalita
Apprentice

Hi

I want to buy a Canon Vixia in order to film my daughter while she's surfing. Either from beach or either on a kayak. Strictly for filming surfing with zoom.  I don't need top notch professional quality as the videos will be used for training analysis and a couple of home edited clips.

I also don't want to spend a grand on the camera either. 

Which model would you recommend for the use o will be doing? Thanks y'all in advance I appreciate the help.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Lalita!  Our sales team will be glad to advise you on which Canon camcorder best suits your needs.  They're available Monday through Friday by phone at 1-800-385-2155 or you can chat with them HERE.

Hope this helps!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For video, I kind of like the G70 refurb.  Its under your budget too.  

Refurbished VIXIA HF G70 (canon.com)

You should also consider a stills camera with video capability.  You may be surprised with the versatility it can offer when you aren't at the beach shooting surfing.

If you are going to take any camera in the ocean, I'd get a CarePak.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for the info. I'll look into the g70 refurb.

As for the stills camera I've been told the same by a few people but I am not interested in those.

Thanks again, have a beautiful day!

Announcements