cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My firmware option on my Canon HF G70 camcorder is greyed out

jck48
Apprentice

While attempting to update to the latest firmware my camcorder (set to v 1.0.0.0) shows the entire option unavailable / grayed out.

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi jck48,

I'd be happy to help you with this.  

Here is a link to the v1.0.1.0 FW.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDQwMDAwOTcwOTAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Please review the update process .PDF which is included with the download.

The firmware file is VSB2.FIM

This is the single file that needs to be copied to the root of a freshly formatted (in camera) SD card.  The card should be inserted into Slot B.  Once this is done, your camera should display the update option.  Please ensure you are using a fully charged battery or external power supply.  Please use the camera controls to navigate and perform the upgrade.  Do not use the touch screen.  When the update is started, do not press any buttons until it completes.  Let us know if you have any questions 😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi jck48,

I'd be happy to help you with this.  

Here is a link to the v1.0.1.0 FW.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDQwMDAwOTcwOTAx&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Please review the update process .PDF which is included with the download.

The firmware file is VSB2.FIM

This is the single file that needs to be copied to the root of a freshly formatted (in camera) SD card.  The card should be inserted into Slot B.  Once this is done, your camera should display the update option.  Please ensure you are using a fully charged battery or external power supply.  Please use the camera controls to navigate and perform the upgrade.  Do not use the touch screen.  When the update is started, do not press any buttons until it completes.  Let us know if you have any questions 😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jck48
Apprentice

Missed the root directory part.  Thanks loads for the help

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks for the feedback.  🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

drsarabimd
Apprentice

Hi, for me the door was open for the sd cards and when i closed it, it fixed it.  just wanted to let you know if the other ways dont work.  take care

click here to view the gallery
Announcements