cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need 2 monitors off my HF G21 camcorder

TSN
Contributor

Hello All,

I want to get 2 video monitors off my Canon HFG21 cmcorder. It has the mini HDMI. So i tried a 3-way that had 1  HDMI male to 2 HDMI female. The trouble is, when i connected it to camera and plugged in 1 monitor it worked great. Then when i plugged in the other monitor via the other HDMI, it worked and the other didn't. So it switched from the 1st one that worked to the new 2nd one i plugged in.....I need them both to work off the HFG21 camera. (One output is to a streaming software on Mac & the other would be on a 13" monitor so i can see it better)

Can anyone help me. I've spent to much money on things that should work but don't. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TSN
Contributor
Hello Tim,
Thanks for your attempt to help me with my crazy problem. I’ve been in broadcasting for a long time. So I had to figure this out. Here’s the solution. It’s a (KanexPro 2-Port 4K HDMI Splitter) it is a powered unit. It has 1 input that powers 2 outputs. I purchased one and have used it on a soccer broadcast online in HD. IT WORKS! You might want to spread the word. Thank you again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tim
Authority

Hello TSN, 

At this time I do not know of a method to force the camera to drive two monitors at once.  Like you said, using one cuts out the other and that's to be expected.  Regrettably, this device is not able to drive two distinct monitor systems at once and for that we sincerely apologize.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

TSN
Contributor
Hello Tim,
Thanks for your attempt to help me with my crazy problem. I’ve been in broadcasting for a long time. So I had to figure this out. Here’s the solution. It’s a (KanexPro 2-Port 4K HDMI Splitter) it is a powered unit. It has 1 input that powers 2 outputs. I purchased one and have used it on a soccer broadcast online in HD. IT WORKS! You might want to spread the word. Thank you again.
Announcements