cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon zr200 problems transferring video to PC Windows 10 computer

Chris1054
Apprentice

I am trying to transfer old videos to make DVDs. I have an adapter that connects the camcorder to a USB port (ifc-300pcu)  but the computer doesn't recognize anything is there the way it would a flash drive.

I tried installing the Canon software with the DVD that came with the camcorder but it is designed for windows2000 and can't install it.

Help please.

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Chris1054,

Thank you for posting.

To transfer movies, your camcorder requires a DV (firewire) cable with a Special 4 pin connector (IEEE 1394 compliant) for the camcorder and a firewire connector to match the firewire port on your computer. Please note: A Firewire to USB connector will not work.

If your computer lacks a firewire port, I recommend checking with your computer manufacturer regarding the availability of a firewire expansion for your computer. Third-party options may be available, too. It's very important that any expansion port be fully IEEE 1394 compliant and that it meets the power requirements for this standard.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements