cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Optura 100MC Connection for Transferring Tapes to Computer

jball1954
Apprentice

I am trying to figure out what cable and how to connect my Canon Optura 100MC camcorder to a device (ClearClick video capture box) and can't seem to get it connected. Anyone know what cable and how to connect?

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I can't get an Optura manual because it is so old.

What type of outputs does it have?

Composite? S-Video?

Firewire?

Can you post a picture of the video connections?

My Sony had Firewire, composite and S-Video

Firewire was a firewire connector (duh)

S-video a round DIN connector

Composite was what looked like a stereo phone jack that had a special adapter from the jack to RCA standard video cables.

This is from the manual.This is from the manual.

This is the ClearClick device. It has av in, hdmi, usb, and usb to pbThis is the ClearClick device. It has av in, hdmi, usb, and usb to pb

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Composite, s-video and firewire for the 100MC

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You need to get a AV out -> RCA for the camcorder and the RCA->av in cable for the recorder. You might need rca barrels to connect them.

Best quality would be via DV Out (firewire). If you have an older Mac with TB1, you can get an adapter from Apple.

The AV out to AV in isn’t working so far. I will try the S-connector once I get a cable.

You need the av-out working to get audio.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

As @kvbarkley recommends, S-video or firewire will yield the highest image quality.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements