cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XF105 MXF Files Wrong Date Associated

bpanvideo
Apprentice

The "Date Modified" on the MXF files is correct however the  "Date Created" on files from my camera is listed as December 31, 1969, and I believe this is making the date that is added to the name of my clip when ingested using Adobe Prelude wrong. Any idea how to make the "Date Created" the correct date that the file was actually created on?

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi bpanvideo!

Thanks for the post.

Please ensure the correct date/time has been set in the camcorder.  To do this:

1. Open the menu.
  2. Select [Other Functions] > [Clock Set] > [Date/Time].
  3. Use the joystick to change each field on the date/time screen.
  4. Press <SET> to confirm and close the screen.

There is another setting you need to make sure is set correctly as well.  Please select [Time Zone] under the [Other Functions] menu and ensure it is set to your time zone.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike,

The date/time is correct and the Time Zone is correct as well, however when ingesting in Adobe Prelude the date that gets added to the title says 19040101. It seems to reset to this date anytime we change the battery.

bpanvideo,

It's possible that the date and time battery may be exhausted.  If you maybe didn't use the camcorder for a while, it's possible this is the cause.  To correct this, plug in the DC cable and Compact Power Adapter into the wall outlet for a period of twenty four hours while it is powered off.  This will completely recharge the built in lithium date and time battery.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements