cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XF drivers for Mac OS X 10.8: WHEN?

stevemaller
Apprentice

Ever since upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8, I can no longer work with native MXF files from my Canon XF100 camcorder. I can convert them to Prores with a 3rd party app, but that's not why I bought this camera. The website said these drivers were coming in October, but that note has long since been removed, and there's now nothing listed at all for 10.8.

This is awful!

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Stevemaller,

Unfortunately, we currently do not have an ETA for when the latest update to the XF Plug-in will be available for download.  I recommend that you continue to check our website for the latest updates as they become available.  I have provided a direct link to the update page below.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/hd_video_cameras/xf105#Driv...

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate your patience while we work on making an update available.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I appreciate your reply, but Mac OS X 10.8 was released to the Mac App Store on July 25, 2012. It was announced to developers the previous February. It is completely unacceptable that it's taken you this long to produce the necessary changes. 

Has your product description been amended to indicate that the XF100 (and all the XF cameras) is not compatible with OS X 10.8

Announcements