cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon XA40 'P' settings info

beyontheblue
Enthusiast

Sorry for all the newby questions and I have read the manual before asking. When the XA40 is set to 'P' mode is there a way to see what settings the camcorder is using, preferably on the LCD screen?

6 REPLIES 6

Inapickle
Rising Star

Don't know if it's the same on the XA40/HF-G50, but on my HF-G40 (and previous HF-G models I've owned), if you take a photo while in 'P' Mode the Aperture and Shutter Speed settings automatically chosen by the camera will momentarily flash on the screen. Doesn't show you the gain level though.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it appears that it doesn't display the settings as you suggested it might. I can see the settings used but only by looking at the exif data.

That's a pity, but at least you've found a way to get the information.

Hi there,

Before it starts recording it won't show any exposure settings because the automatic exposure is determined once shooting begins, but while recording you may be able to see more information with the [DISP] button shown on page 84 below:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300034191/04/xa40-45-im4-n-en.pdf

@Mark35mmF2 wrote:

Hi there,

Before it starts recording it won't show any exposure settings because the automatic exposure is determined once shooting begins, but while recording you may be able to see more information with the [DISP] button shown on page 84 below:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300034191/04/xa40-45-im4-n-en.pdf

Thanks for that, however toggling 'display' on and off the only exposure info showing is the 'gain' setting, not the aperture or the shutter speed being used. If you could help further I would appreciate it? Thank you.

Sorry to hear that didn't show it.

The [DISP.] toggle is going to be the only function that would show more or less information on the LCD screen itself, so unfortunately if it does not show this way then it would not be able to show in the Prgrammed AE mode.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements