cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camcorder Vixia HFR20 doesn't save its settings on certain ones after applying?

RexLego
Apprentice

Lately my camcorder, which i use to make short films with has stopped saving some settings after changing them to whatever i need them to do. This is a huge problem for me because it doesn't allow me to set my AV to my Headphones so i can listen to the audio as it plays through my movie, aswell as it not allowing me to change my External Audio Input for my microphone. When i said "certain" I also mean that one of the settings, HDMI Input CAN change. Help? 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Again, RexLego,

The last statement in your inquiry may very well resolve the issues you are having; the fact that you're missing the Canon compact power adapter.  There is a built in lithium battery that needs to be connected to the wall outlet in order to be charged.  So you would actually have to connect the compact power adapter to the camcorder, plug it into the wall and leave it connected for 24 hours with the camcorder off.  Just charging the main battery by itself will not do the trick.  

We suspect that you didn't notice it until now because that battery will last about three months before it goes dead and needs a complete recharge.  So you would either want to find the original compact power adapter or consider ordering a new one to replace it.

A new one can be purchased from our Canon Sales Department.  Please call 1-800-828-4040 for the Sales Department.  Listen for the Accessories prompt and follow the recorded instructions.  The Sales Department is open 8:00 AM to Midnight (EST), seven days a week.  They will be able to provide you with availability and pricing information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi RexLego!

Welcome to the Canon Forum!

To help us determine what is causing this, we need some additional information from you.

1. What specific settings do you see revert to their default settings?
  2. What do you do just prior to seeing the changes? (ex. changing modes or switching from playback to recording)

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've noticed only two doing the problem, not sure about others. It's the External Audio Input & AV/Headphones.

As for question number two, Once i make the changes, i click the X button and return to playback, then i switch over to recording. I've tried different things as to of doing this, like making the changes then turning it off, and back on. Or just doing the normal close.

(I don't think this has anything to do with it, but recently i lost the power cord for my Canon, so i've been using a 3rd party device where it just charges the battery manually, instead of charing it from the plug in.)

Hello Again, RexLego,

The last statement in your inquiry may very well resolve the issues you are having; the fact that you're missing the Canon compact power adapter.  There is a built in lithium battery that needs to be connected to the wall outlet in order to be charged.  So you would actually have to connect the compact power adapter to the camcorder, plug it into the wall and leave it connected for 24 hours with the camcorder off.  Just charging the main battery by itself will not do the trick.  

We suspect that you didn't notice it until now because that battery will last about three months before it goes dead and needs a complete recharge.  So you would either want to find the original compact power adapter or consider ordering a new one to replace it.

A new one can be purchased from our Canon Sales Department.  Please call 1-800-828-4040 for the Sales Department.  Listen for the Accessories prompt and follow the recorded instructions.  The Sales Department is open 8:00 AM to Midnight (EST), seven days a week.  They will be able to provide you with availability and pricing information.

Announcements