cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CX15 XLR with (Xvive wireless receiver) stuck in MA-400 microphone adapter port

NickMDal
Enthusiast

The wireless Xvive receiver is stuck in xlr port.  I forgot to use a short xlr cable.  So the release switch is flush against the body of the Xvive.  There is absolutely no play.

Can I unscrew the MA-400 and somehow get in behind the xlr port to release the retainer?

2 of the screws on the xlr faceplate are blocked by the Xvive.  Wondering if I removed the many small MA-400 cover screws if rear access to the xlr port would be possible.

If this is out of the question, I only bought it last week but could send it in for repair, which I assume would be out of warranty $100-200.  Sure would be nice to not have to write that check.  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi NickMDal,

Thanks for checking in with us.

We can't walk you through disassembling the unit since there is the possibility that you could further damage it or get injured in the process.

Since that is the case, I would encourage you to send the camera in for service. You do have a one-year warranty, but it does not cover impact damage, so the repair facility will make the final determination about covers.

The repair options will vary depending on your location and are subject to change, so I would suggest that you email to get the latest repair details for your area:

hdvideo@cits.canon.com

SPECTRE
Apprentice

I had a similar issue connecting a Xvive U3 receiver to my XF400's handle located XLR port.  I was able to tilt the U3 up slightly so I could depress the release catch just enough to be able to remove the receiver.  No damage to either the XF400's XLR port or the U3 receiver.  More of a design issue with the Xvive U3 than the XF400.  A slightly longer connector extension on the U3 would eliminate the issue.

NickMDal
Enthusiast

Nice that you got through it!  You avoided the nightmare.  I just sold an XF400, a truly incredible camera for the price.  Canon and Sony need to get away from those cheaper XLR releases.  Usually takes 2 hands to free a connected device.  The new 605 drops the problematic release mechanism.  There's a straight male/female xlr adapter available that works nicely with the 400 and XC15 eliminating the problem.

Announcements