cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"task in progress" error

roosclan
Apprentice

My father's  Vixia HF R600 is not functioning properly.  When it is turned on, it pops up the message "Taks in progress. Do not disconnect the power source" then it shuts off.  It will not turn back on.  I can't find anything on the message boards or support knowledge base about this.  The message supposedly means the memory is updating, but it doesn't complete the task and the camcorder is about as useful as a brick right now.

What's going on?

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Roosclan,

Thanks for posting.

If this occurs when the camcorder turns off when it's powered by its Compact Power Adapter CA-110, the camcorder will require service to correct this issue. You may set up the repair of your camcorder on this site:https://www.usa.canon.com/repair.

If repair is required, once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, you may create an account or log into your existing account. These options make it easier to request the repair of more than one product. You may also choose the "Continue" button to "Continue without an Account".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This happens when he uses the battery, not the adapter.  It did this for the first time this weekend when my parents came to visit, and he didn't have his adapter with him.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements