Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

The Canon Final Cut Pro 7 capture plugin suddenly stopped working properly

For years I have been using the Final Cut Pro capture plugin with no trouble. Suddenly, it has stopped mounting footage properly. Has anyone experienced this, or suggest a fix?

Situation:

- footage mounts, but only audio is able to be previewed in the log and transfer window

- clips fail to import

- the footage file structure is in tact, as it can be imported on other machines

- FCP log and transfer works fine with panasonic footage

I have tried:

- reinstalling the plugin, even different versions

- reinstalling Final Cut Pro 7

- reinstalling the mac OS

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Final Cut Pro 7 plugin not working

For years I have been using the Final Cut Pro capture plugin with no trouble. Suddenly, it has stopped mounting footage properly. Has anyone experienced this, or suggest a fix?

Situation:

- footage mounts, but only audio is able to be previewed in the log and transfer window

- clips fail to import

- the footage file structure is in tact, as it can be imported on other machines

- FCP log and transfer works fine with panasonic footage

I have tried:

- reinstalling the plugin, even different versions

- reinstalling Final Cut Pro 7

- reinstalling the mac OS

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Re: Final Cut Pro 7 plugin not working

What is your video format of your original format? If they are MXF, then you can update your FCP 7 to FCPX, now the FCPX can support MXF files nativately without rewrapping.