cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No printer found when installing driver

karapoling
Apprentice

I'm having issues connecting my ImageClass MF644cdw to my Lenovo laptop. It's continuously saying there is no printer found. "The device of the specified IP address is not found. Confirm that the device is turned on and connected to the network. If you specified the computer IP address manually, also set the device IP address manually, and then search for the device again." I've done this MANY times as I've been trying to get this set up for 3 hours now.

My computer doesn't have a CD drive, so I have to get online to to downloader. I download it with no problems, but when installing it gets to the "Select Device" area and nothing is found. I've reset my router. I've tried entering by IP address. I have no idea what else to try. 

I did try calling customer service but the hold time said it was over an hour. This is my home office printer, and I don't have time to hold for over an hour just to get help installing the printer. 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

After connecting the printer (wired or wirelessly)?  Are you able to PING it, or view its webserver in a browser?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello, 

It's wireless. And no, I'm not able to ping it.

Thank you

Greetings,

Then that is the very first thing you need to resolve;

What is the IP of your printer?

What is the IP of your computer?

They need to be on the same LAN segment, using the same subnet mask and gateway.

Once confirmed, see if the PC can PING the printer again.  If not, is there a firewall, VPN or antivirus software than might be blocking communications between devices on your network?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements