cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx920 Wireless printing problem

slashmon1
Apprentice

I have just bought an mx920, beautiful printer I may point out, it worked well for the first two days but I cannot print as of today, I connect to the printer wirelessly and all my computers are Macs.

The printer is connected to the network properly and my computer shows that it has an active connectiong, but when I click print the printer goes to "in use" and then goes offline, and the Print Que says "Printer not connected" 

I've tried connecting the printer to the network again, and I have restarted the printer along with my computers but it still wont work. 

Please help 

159 REPLIES 159

barfbum
Apprentice

Don't know if this will help anybody else, but it helped me. I have a different printer (mg5500 series) but was having the same sorts of problmes (and got to this page looking for solutions), failure to print wirelessly even though other computers (mac) could print OK, IJ network too couldn't detect printer, blah, blah. I've spent ages trying to fix this, like everyone else, and often resorted to resetting the WAP, rebooting PC, etc. But I found a thread that that led to the following page that recommended disabling IPv6 on the printer and also disabling the LAN DRX setting (whatever that is), and it worked, my printer was miraculously detected again and I could print. I signed up to this community so I could post the link and I hope it helps at least some to get their printers back working.

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secu...

thank you good sir....for some reason this actually worked and has been for the last 4 days across multiple devices.

months and months of frustration finally resolved!

miraraymona
Apprentice

The only solution that I found from the internet is this..

[Link removed per forum guidelines]

jshukert
Contributor

One thing that seems to help is to set the channel on the router.  It was originally set to "automatic".  I set it to a specific value, the one that my printer was using, and that seemed to be the thing that helped the most.  I'm also trying things like static IP, disabling IPv6, so those might have also helped, but when I set the channel, I was able to setup and print from a Mac, and I don't have to turn the printer off after a long period of inactivity any longer, in order to print.

Note, I did have to "wake it up" just now, after it hadn't been used for a day, by picking up the phone that I have connected to it.  Once it came on, it printed what was in the queue, so at least I didn't have to restart the printer.  Now I'm setting the location field and disabling wireless LAN DRX to see if that will help even more.

lush123
Apprentice

My wife can print to MX892 via wifi and it was working before I upgrade to windows 10.

after windows 10 , no longer able to print.

1. tried reset wifi and also reboot printer but still not working in windows .

2. tried download drivers from Canon (2015) still not working.

3. tried using wired instead, still not working.

4. look for dhcp assigned IP, go into web based and assign static ip, still not working. (of course step 4&5, you need to redefine the ports to tcp/ip), still not working.

5. remove all printers from control panel (devices and printers).

6. add printer (devices and printers) and let windows auto detect (Canon MX890 series Printer WS).and setup drivers...etc.

After step 6 I am able to print , still not able to fully get all features to work  example ink status...etc. better than unable to print at all.

jefeyay
Apprentice

printer says busy,

but there it sits lazily,

where is my hammer

My MX series printer used to print only some of the time, which was frustrating. Now at least it is consistent and never works. Not impressed Canon. Not impressed.

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The Forums aren't meant for immediate assistance, but are designed to allow the community to help each other with issues encountered or tips they'd like to share along the way.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thojd
Apprentice
This worked for me.

I was trying to print on MX920 from iPhone. Kept getting "no AirPrint printer found" or something similar. This happened every time printer went to sleep. Had to re-enter network info on the printer each time I wanted to print.

Firmware update did not work.

Wireless LAN DRX setting disable did not work.

Put IPv4 IP address into web browser, set Location, which was blank, (under "other settings") to "Home". Be sure to hit OK in the top grey box to save changes.

Now printer shows up as a selectable recent printer on iPhone when printer is asleep.

Thanks!

logavanig
Contributor

I have a canon pixma mx920 printer. It is connected via wifi. I have a desktop computer running windows 7 and have no trouble printing from it. The trouble that I am having is printing from my laptop which is running windows 8.1. I have installed the printer on the laptop but when I go to print it says that it cannot communicate with the printer. I have gone into printer properties and ticked bidirectional printing but when I apply it doesn't keep the changes. Can you help.

[link removed due to forum guidelines]

DGannon
Contributor

After over a year, my MX922 developed the same problem.  Canon tech support quickly walked me through the fix.

On your printer console...

1.  press MENU

2. press TOOLS

3.  press DEVICE SETTINGS

4. press LAN SETTINGS

5. press WIRELESS LAN SETUP

6.  enter your wireless router's passcode

7.  press OK

Worked like a charm.  This doesn't seem to be a printer problem, but more the router and printer loosing the needed info to connect.

Announcements