cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8080cw can print wireless but not scan

mgiammarco
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a windows 8.1 with a sensys MF8080CW.

Communication is wifi based.

Printing works perfectly.

I have installed MF Toolbox utility, it sees a mf8000 series scanner but I cannot scan anything, it gives an error "no scanner found".

Can you help me in debugging?

Thanks,

Mario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hello Mario,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

The MF Network Scan Utility needs to be running and the scanner must be selected in it.

If you still have issues, try installing a patch for the issue. Please click HERE to go to the Color imageCLASS MF8080Cw Drivers & Download website. Select Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 (x64) from the Operating System drop down menu, if it does not automatically recognize it. Click on SELECT button next to the [Windows 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan (Windows 8/8.1/10). Please read supporting documents then click in DOWNLOAD button to download the file MF8000CUSBScanPatchW64EN.exe.

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If this is required, we will have to recommend that you call our telephone support group. Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hello Mario,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

The MF Network Scan Utility needs to be running and the scanner must be selected in it.

If you still have issues, try installing a patch for the issue. Please click HERE to go to the Color imageCLASS MF8080Cw Drivers & Download website. Select Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 (x64) from the Operating System drop down menu, if it does not automatically recognize it. Click on SELECT button next to the [Windows 64-bit] Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan (Windows 8/8.1/10). Please read supporting documents then click in DOWNLOAD button to download the file MF8000CUSBScanPatchW64EN.exe.

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If this is required, we will have to recommend that you call our telephone support group. Please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements