cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PRINT Business app -- Doesn't find iCloud documents?

okeydokey
Apprentice

Hi all -- I've installed Canon PRINT Business app on my iPad. When I go to Documents > iCloud, it doesn't show any documents in my iCloud drive (the edit button is grayed out, too). I'm logged into my iCloud drive, and the iOS settings has the app allowed to access. Is there something else I might be missing?

iOS version 12.0

Canon PRINT Business version 6.0.1

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi okeydokey,

If no documents are showing in iCloud, iCloud may not be turned on in your device, or it may not be set to interact with other apps.  Please see the article HERE for steps to enable iCloud on your mobile device.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Update: I contacted Canon via email, and their response is that my printer is not compatible with Google Cloud (even though I asked them about Apple iCloud). It does seem -- weird as it sounds -- that the app can't connect to Google Drive or Apple iCloud if I'm using this printer (Canon ImageClass LBP6030w). The app does however connect to Dropbox.

It just seems weird that my printer would have an effect on which cloud service the app can connect. If I understand how the app works, any documents would be downloaded to the device anyway. So it's not like it's printing directly from the cloud service to the printer.

Anyway, if it turns out I can't use this app with my printer, then I will probably delete the app.

UPDATE #2: Okay, here is how I'm able to get it to work. The Canon app isn't able to pull files from iCloud. However, I can go into my iCloud files and push a file to the Canon app (Share > Copy to PRINT). Then I can use the app to print to my LBP6030w.

On one hand I feel relieved that I got it to work fairly simply. But a little annoyed that Canon support was suggesting that I go out and buy a new printer.

Announcements