cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DM-E1 Microphone for Webcam Use

CMPosey
Contributor

Neither Zoom nor Microsoft Teams list my DM-E1 microphone on my EOS RP as an option to choose on their drop-down menus for a microphone. I have delegated and re-installed all programs involved (EOS webcam utility, Zoom, and Teams). Any help will be appreciated; thanks! BTW: the camera is listed fine on their drop-down menus for the video source.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

EOS webcam utility states that it does not support microphone.

Q: Can I use the camera’s microphone?

A: No, EOS Webcam Utility software doesn't transmit audio through USB connection.Please use your computer’s built-in microphone or an external microphone separately connected to your computer. 

Canon USA EOS Webcam Utility – Windows Official Su... - Canon Community

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you saying that Zoom can see the video image from the camera but isn’t picking up the sound?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, that is it. Under camera drop-down choices, my camera is listed under video, but the microphone is not listed as a choice for audio input at all. 

Yes, that is correct; the microphone is not even listed as a choice on the drop-down menu; neither the add-on mic nor the built-in mike. 

Yes, both zoom and teams see my video but no sound because the camera’s external and internal mics are not listed as choices to use. When I chose my monitor’s mic the feed uses my EOS RP feed for video but my monitor for sound. 

Yes. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I wasn’t clear in my question. Is the DM-E1 mounted on your camera and replacing the built-in microphone for your camera?

If you use the camera and built-in mike does it work OK on Zoom?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Sorry,  no, it does not work with the built-in mic either. 

Sorry, yes, I am using The DM-E1 is mounted on the camera, replacing the built-in microphone. Zoom picks up the video but not the audio . 

The same if I try using the built-in microphone, good video, no audio signal. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did you try plugging the microphone into the mike input port on the computer?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements