cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yongnuo YN560 III Not Firing on EOS 800D

AndiBlair
Apprentice

Hi Y'all.

Some help please. I have a Canon 800D and a YongNuo YN560 III Speedlight. When it is OFF camera, it fires. When it is connected to the hotshoe it does not 😞

I'm in manual mode.

I have tried with and without liveview.

I have turned the speedlight on before the camera...

In the DSLR settings, there is no setting for an external flash - it's as though it doesn't recognise it.

Is there way to find out if this exact model of speedlight which I have is compatible with Canon?

Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Where did you buy it? How are you firing it when it is off the camera.

I do not believe the flash is compatible with any manufacturer’s camera body. This appears to be a fully manual flash, one that probably requires an external triggering device. I notice that it does have a “PC Sync” port for external triggering, too.

A flash that is compatible with the Canon TTL/E-TTL system would probably say so in its description. This model does not describe it as being compatible with any brand, except for a Yongnuo wireless trigger, which I am not certain is radio controlled.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Hi AndiBlair the "External Speedlite Control Menu" can ONLY be used with Canon's speedlites not 3rd party flash units. Since this a 3rd party speedlite you will have to have Yongnuo repair the speedlite. I would also check to make sure that flash firing is not disabled in the camera menu.

-Demetrius

EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM (Retired 8/2007-11/8/2022), EF 50 F/1.8 STM & EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM

EOS 40D (Retired 8/2007-5/26/2022) & 5D Mark IV

430EX III-RT & 600EX II-RT

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements