cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my canon speedlite 200E work on my Rebel EOS SL1?

Rayc1
Apprentice

Will my 200E Speedlite work on my Rebel EOS SL1 100D camera and do I have to change any camera settings?

4 REPLIES 4

diverhank
Authority

It should work just fine.  Since it supports TTL you shouldn't have to set anything unless you want to.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

It should work just fine.  Since it supports TTL you shouldn't have to set anything unless you want to.

I think that at best that's an oversimplification. Modern Rebels don't support TTL, AFAIK.

If the speedlite supports E-TTL, set it that way and you should be OK. (But test it before you go on a photo shoot.) If it supports only TTL, you'll probably have to set both the speedlite and the camera to manual flash. If the speedlite has the ability (as many speedlites do) to make its own exposure judgements based on its ISO setting and reading of the ambient light, that may work as well. But the camera will be of no help.

If you use a TTL speedlite on a camera that's using E-TTL, the flash will fire at full power, and the result will be extreme overexposure of the image.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Bob is correct.

Capture.JPG

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@diverhank wrote:

Oops...Sorry, this was wrong. See other posts...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements