cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with HSS on 430 ex

Lsrwtr84
Apprentice
I have a 7d camera and 430 ex speed lite. On my last two shoots I had trouble in that my high speed sync would not stay activated after a while. It would shut itself off and the flash would not trigger as well as having the "H" disappear on the speed lite display panel even though I had not changed any settings on my flash or camera. I changed my batteries and that did not solve the problem. This problem did not occur until the last month. My flash is almost 2 years old. Any ideas on what is causing my problem? How do I have it checked out or would it still be considered under warranty if I could find my receipt?
1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Lsrwtr84,

If you set a shutter speed on the camera that is within its normal sync speed range, high-speed sync is no longer active and you will not see the icon in the viewfinder.  This is because high-speed sync is no longer necessary.  This could very well explain why you are sometimes not seeing high-speed sync active anymore.

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements