cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The red Pilot Light on my Canon 580 EX II started flashing after using it for a few flashes.

Jensmiles2
Apprentice

The red Pilot Light on my Canon 580 EX II started flashing after using it for a few flashes.

5 REPLIES 5

Skirball
Authority

Is it a slow flash?  Like 1 a second?  That's what the light does when it's in slave mode.

No, I didn't have it in slave mode.  I was photographing indoors in TTL mode and after a few shots I noticed that my red Pilot light started flashing.  Since I had never saw this happen before, I turned the flash off and then back on.  Everything worked fine for a while, but then it happened again.  I didn't change any settings on my flash.  I am concerned that it might be malfunctioning and couldn't find any info online.

Last time I ran into this problem because the batteries was faulty. It may not be, but you should get a new set of battery to test out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Does it look the one in this video? If so. it probably needs servicing......

Mike Sowsun

Not sure if the info on the LCD screen also flashed, but yet the red pilot light was flashing like that.

Have any idea what is wrong with it? Looks like it will be making a trip to Canon for servicing soon.

Announcements