cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedlite 580EX

jmaniscalco
Apprentice

I dropped my 580ex . Display keeps blinking, recycle time is longer, light output variable.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mykolas
Authority

Hi jmaniscalco!

Welcome to the Canon Forum.

When the entire LCD blinks, the Wide Panel has been pulled out.  Please make sure you pull it out completely, then retract it back into the head of the flash all the way.  The LCD should stop blinking and your unusual exposure issues should stop.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Your suggestion is correct. I pushed in the 'wide panel' and that took care of the problem.  The speedlite is working very well. I should have read the trobleshooting section of the manual and I would have discovered that the problem is discussed there as well.....Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi jmaniscalco!

Welcome to the Canon Forum.

When the entire LCD blinks, the Wide Panel has been pulled out.  Please make sure you pull it out completely, then retract it back into the head of the flash all the way.  The LCD should stop blinking and your unusual exposure issues should stop.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Your suggestion is correct. I pushed in the 'wide panel' and that took care of the problem.  The speedlite is working very well. I should have read the trobleshooting section of the manual and I would have discovered that the problem is discussed there as well.....Thanks.

Announcements