cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedlite 420EX not synced with camera

kriann
Apprentice

Hi,

yesterday I was taking pictures with Canon EOS RP and Speedlite 420EX flash and everything was working perfectly fine, but today flash i s"not synced". Camera dont see flash firing on the photo, even on lower shutter speed. How can I fix that. I already tried reseting all camera settings and it didn't work.

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Will the speedlite work on a different camera. Is the camera set to the mechanical shutter. Does the speedlite fire at all. Try this with the camera set to One Shot. With the AF Assist Beam turned on the speedlite and the camera. Also with the lens cap on. Will the speedlite use Intermittent Flash Firing to assist the camera's AF system. The speedlite will pulse rapidly. The IR Grid Pattern doesn't work on mirrorless cameras.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

With AF Assist Beam the flash started only shoting full sharge light, speedlite is firing and is not using while peaking AF

The AF Assist Beam doesn't work with focus peaking. But the speedlite is firing for AF Assist. Try removing and reinstalling the speedlite in the hot shoe. But turn the speedlite on FIRST. Then turn the camera on.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
click here to view the gallery
Announcements