cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link Speedlite 430EX III-RT wirelessly to EOS 7D Mark II using wireless radio signal?

ryanburns79
Contributor

I just upgraded from a Rebel to a 7D and am pretty sure that it has the capability to use the wireless radio signal for my Speedlite 430ES III-RT.  Unfortunately, I have exhausted myself trying to get them to link up.  Has anyone had the same issues, or have a quick solution to my problem or even have a link to a good video for the 7D & Speedlite that I have? 

I have watched many YouTube videos and seem to have all settings correct - channel, slave/master settings, A,B,C group,  Camera is set for wireless. 

Help please and thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

diverhank
Authority

The 7D II can only wirelessly control the Speedlite 430EX III-RT  optically via its popup flash but not via the radio signal.  In order to do that you can either get another Speedlite 430EX III-RT or a dedicated controller ST-E3, mounted on the camera hotshoe.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

diverhank
Authority

The 7D II can only wirelessly control the Speedlite 430EX III-RT  optically via its popup flash but not via the radio signal.  In order to do that you can either get another Speedlite 430EX III-RT or a dedicated controller ST-E3, mounted on the camera hotshoe.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

You just saved me hours!  Much thanks!

Announcements