cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Elan 7NE and Canon Speedlite 430EX III-RT Flash

scoraber
Apprentice

Hi folks...
I've searched the forums and not been able to find any info on this topic.  I'm just getting back into film photography after a long hiatus.  I have an EOS Elan 7NE and I need to get a new flash for it.  I was considering the Speedlite 430EX III-RT but I am unsure if it would be compatible with my camera body.

Any information is definitely appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi scoraber,

The EOS Elan 7NE is compatible with our EX series speedlites, so you can use the Speedlite 430EX III-RT with it. Some of the functions on the speedlite will be more limited when you use it with a film camera. If you would like to see a list of the functions that may not be available they are listed on page 49 for the speedlite manual. If you need a copy of the manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Manuals button and the one to reference is named 430EX III-RT, 430EX III Instruction Manual.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi scoraber,

The EOS Elan 7NE is compatible with our EX series speedlites, so you can use the Speedlite 430EX III-RT with it. Some of the functions on the speedlite will be more limited when you use it with a film camera. If you would like to see a list of the functions that may not be available they are listed on page 49 for the speedlite manual. If you need a copy of the manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Manuals button and the one to reference is named 430EX III-RT, 430EX III Instruction Manual.

Thank you so much!   Great help.  

Take care,

Scott

PappyLaPew
Contributor

I’m fishing for flash options myself and may be this will be helpful to you as it has been for me. I’m trying to utilize a old flash from the late 70s with a new digital camera. These things are possible but only certain flash’s will work with current new camera. If you have a old flash you may be able to use it with your current camera. This web site has lots of helpful information about the subject. I hope this is helpful to you, it helped me to avoid buying a new flash.  http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

Sweet!  Thank you so much for the tip!  I'll start digging... 🙂

Cheers,

Scott

Announcements