cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon SPEEDLITE 600EX II-RT stuck in wireless mode?

clementlo
Contributor

Hi all, I got a SPEEDLITE 600EX II-RT.  Today, when I take it out.  (I have batteries already installed).  I notices my LCD screen have a ORANGE GLOW even my Flashlight is "OFF".  I turned it on, and it looked like it stuck in Wireless mode.  I try to hit the small wireless button on the side to get into Wireless Menu.  It doesn't do it.  It just display MASTER.  I can't get it back to normal.  The LCD is ORANGE.   If I try to take a photo, the flash won't fire.  It does nothing!   Is my flashlight done?  I take the battery out, put it back in, same thing.   If I switch my Flashlight OFF, the display will turn off, but that ORANGE back light remain ON.

8 REPLIES 8

clementlo
Contributor

Here is some photo I just took.  One with the Flash light "OFF", as you can see, it just ORANGE...  I need to take the battery out to kill the light.   One Photo is with the Flash Light Turned "ON".  I going to try to goto Canon Service Centre tomorrow.IMG_9068.jpgIMG_9067.jpg

Hi clementlo,

Looking at your example shots it is correct for the speedlite LCD to be orange. That is because of the mode it is currently in. If it is set to be a transmitter flash it will be green colored. The indicator light in your first shot (the lit button below the lightning symbol) is to let you know the flash is ready to fire and that the test flash is ready. That indicator is not related to the LCD illumination.

There is a setting you can change to either have the LCD illumination automatically turn off after 12 second, stay on, or turn off the illumination. To set that you will need to go into the C.Fn. menu. The steps to get into that menu are on page 110 of the manual. Once you are in that manual the settings will be C.Fn.-22. To turn the illumination off set that to 0. Information on the C.Fn.-22 settings are on page 117 of the manual.

If you need a copy of the manual it is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Manuals button and the one to reference is named SPEEDLITE 600EX II-RT INSTRUCTIONAL MANUAL.

Hi clementlo,

I apologize I forgot to mention the wireless mode issue. To change the mode press the button on the left of the flash that has a symbol of arrows pointing in two different directions. When you press that you should see the different wireless options. On that screen you should see options to turn wireless off, the radio transmission options, and the optical flash options. To turn that function off select Wireless Off.

If you want to reference the manual all the options you should see when you press that button are listed on page 85. If you are not seeing all of those options when you press that button what options are you seeing?

Thanks for your reply.  No the orange grow stay on even after 12 seconds in Off position.  It looked like it stuck in transmitter mode.  I try hitting the wireless botton on the side, it won’t do a thing.  Some time if I take the battery out and put it back in, power it on, and it will get into the wireless menu, where you can select OFF/ MASTER or SLAVE.  Even I selected OFF, I still have that orange glow. And my Flash still won’t fire.  Again thanks for the help.

Hi clementlo,

At this point we would recommend sending the speedlite in for repair. There aren't any settings that would prevent the camera from switching off the wireless function, and if you disable the C.Fn-22 setting I mentioned in my first response that should turn off the illumination. I see you mentioned you will be taking the speedlite in to a service location, but if you need information on setting up a repair request I'm including that information below as well.

The Canon U.S.A., Inc. online repair portal allows you to set up service in a few simple steps. The repair portal gives you the ability to set up service for multiple pieces of equipment at once, and to receive a repair estimate in the majority of cases, depending on your model and issue. The portal also allows you to upload images or videos that will assist us in repairing your product. You can also select how you wish to be notified of the progress of your repair. The portal's service history section allows you to view all services that have been performed on any of your camera or video products since January 7, 2020. 

Please follow the link below to access our online repair portal to arrange for service:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/signin

Instructions for Accessing and Using the Online Repair Portal

You will need to access or create your My Canon Account.

If you already have a My Canon Account and your product is already registered, simply click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product.

If you have a My Canon Account and your product is not registered, you must register your product first. Click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu, then click on the “Register Product” link on the right. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product.

If you do not have a My Canon Account, you will need to create one. After you create your account, click on the “Add Product” link to register your first product. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product. 

Once you have completed the repair request, you will have an opportunity to print a copy of the request for your records. This request form will also contain shipping instructions and an address label that you will attach to the outside of your shipping box when mailing your equipment for repair.

Okay, will do... I will take it in.... Thanks for the help.

Clement

clementlo
Contributor

Yes Hazel, I did try that arrow button, it didn’t do anything.  As I said on my previous post, sometime I can get into that menu by taken the battery in and out.  But even I selected OFF, it still stay the same.  I think my flash is done, I going to try to take it to a repair center.

Clement

clementlo
Contributor

Hi all, the problem has now been resolved.  I actually from Canada.  So I send my Flash back to Canon Canada.  It is a flat rate charge of $135 plus tax.  They just send me a exchange, the flash light came back looked new, I not sure those are refurbished or just band new.  But everything is okay now.

Announcements