cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

580ex will not fire flash from the pilot test button

Piradose
Apprentice

Hi,

My 580ex powers on and the red pilot light comes on.  When I press the pilot light to do a test flash it will not fire, it's does not fire on my two camera bodies, 5D2 and 7D.  I have another 580ex and that works fine.  All the buttons on the back panel work and if I press the pilot button when in a set up mode it resets back to the main display so the physical switch is working.  I have tried different batteries but it makes no difference.  Has anyone one else come across this problem and how did you resolve it?

thanks for any assistance

regards

Piradose

3 REPLIES 3

Ray-uk
Whiz

There are numerous reasons which would cause this, the main thing to check is that the batteries are good.

Apart from that it is most likely an electronic component fault and needs professional repair, there isn't much you can do yourself.

Tim
Authority

Hello Piradose,

We are sorry to hear that your Speedlite 580X will not power on.  

With regards to service inquiries for this model I'm afraid to say that it's out of service life. When equipment is out of its serviceable life Canon no longer manufactures parts required to perform potential repairs.

Because of this we're unable to offer service or parts on this model.

Since we're unable to service it another option would be the Canon Upgrade Program. The Canon Upgrade Program allows you to replace your non-functioning product. All refurbished equipment offered through this program carries a full one year limited warranty.

If you'd like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program please call our Pre-Sales and Accessories department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Please let them know you have been working with online-support and that your equipment has been deemed out of service life. Please have the serial number of your product at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response.  I live in the U.K. Does Canon UK offer a similar service and how do I contact them?

Regards

Piradose

Announcements