cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

470EX-AI Zoom Always Goes to Front Directly Facing Subject

RankinE
Apprentice

When double clicking to activate the intelligent flash, the flash always goes to front directly facing subject.  The zoom is on wide panel.  How can the wide panel be changed? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Is the Wide Panel pulled out? If so, push the Wide Panel back in and try it.

Page 35 of the user manual explains that AI.B full-auto shooting is not possible when the Wide Panel is used. 

B18F1707-905D-4EC4-A759-70A2E7B6447B.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What lens are you using?  What focal length are you using when this happens?  Does it matter?  Need some more info about your shooting and lighting conditions, camera settings, etc.

I have never used that particular lens.  I do use the 600EX II-RT.  It is able to adjust the dispersion pattern of the light depending upon the focal length of your lens.  When I use a wide angle lens, then the dispersion.

As far as which direction it points when when you double click, I assume that behavior is part of setup and configuration.  Do you have to change it to a different mode where it bounces lithotripsy off the surroundings.

The initial direction could also be your caused by your ambient lighting, or some other incidental factor.  It could be taking infra-red light measurements for all i know.  Maybe walls and ceilings are too far away for it to sufficiently light the subject by bouncing the light off the walls or ceiling.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The Speedlite 470EX seems to no longer be listed at the Canon USA Online Store and a couple of other places.  I think your issue could involve a memory preset.  Check out how Rudy Winston describes the functionality of the preset feature in this video.

https://youtu.be/O1wVR4lpAuo 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Is the Wide Panel pulled out? If so, push the Wide Panel back in and try it.

Page 35 of the user manual explains that AI.B full-auto shooting is not possible when the Wide Panel is used. 

B18F1707-905D-4EC4-A759-70A2E7B6447B.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Greetings RankinE,

The information that MikeSowsun is correct. The AI.B function of the Speedlite 470EX-AI is not available if the wide panel is open. Let's push the panel back into the flash head until it clicks in order to use the AI.B function of the flash.

Announcements