cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Couldn't find item" after Importing to Smartphone w/ Camera Connect

scotty_perey
Apprentice

Hi everyone, brand new here! Just bought a Rebel T8i, yay!

Installed Camera Connect on my Huawei P30, and I succesfully paired it to the Rebel with Bluetooth and connected with Wi-Fi, but I accidentally chose the wrong Photo App right out of the gate, and unfortunately in my haste I also clicked "always use" and I couldn't figure out how to go back and reassign that. Any suggestions on how to do that, for one?

I am wondering if this is the reason why, after trying to import an image from the camera to the phone, it says "image saved" but when I click "Open Photo App" the phone seems to quickly "blink" a photo app, but then switches immediately back to the home screen of Camera Connect, with a message at the bottom that says "Couldn't Find Item"

I went back and reinstalled the app and re-paired the phone all from scratch --- or so I tried: it never gave me that original option to select which photo app I wished to use like it did the first time, and the same thing keeps happening when I try to import a camera image.

Hope that makes sense, and I hope it's something really simple I'm overlooking. Thanks in advance for any help! 

~Scotty

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Search Google for Reset Application Defaults.  This will allow yout to clear the ""default action" you set to perform a function or action.  Now you can designate another.  

Uninstalling and reinstalling an app doesn't affect the default action you set for the other app incorrectly.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. That did help me reset the default app, but in the end it didn't make a difference, same problem... I import the image, it says "image saved" and gives me the prompt to Open Photo App and when I choose a Photo App, it goes back to the home page of Camaera Connect and says "Image Not Found" at the bottom. I'm stumped.

Announcements